Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Short Story Between Naps

Eating lunch with Husband yesterday while Elliot is napping...we're about halfway done when Husband looks down at the hand holding his half-eaten yummy ham/cheese melt:

Husband: I think this is the same hand I was just using to spread Butt Paste on Elliot's bottom.
Me:  Oh well, it's a baby product, so I'm betting it's hypo-allergenic or something.

The End

7 comments:

Leah said...

lol. That's awesome! Sounds like you've got the parent thing down great already... no worrying.

Magaly said...

haha! There will be many more of those types of situations coming, I'll bet :P Can't wait to meet the super adorable little guy! Hope you're recovering fast too.

P.S. I found it weird that there's a Toys R Us in Oslo and not Stavanger... crap!

Magaly said...

oops, scratch that... according to Google there's a Toys R Us at Kvadrat. I've never seen it though?

Anne Stesney said...

No reaction to grossness already? You definitely got the mom thing down!

Kathleen said...

Just wait until your unfazed by the parental hat-trick--when you get all 3 kinds of bodily emissions deposited on you in the same day. Good times.

CecilieM said...

hehe... that reminds of when I was eating a sandwich that had mustard on it and noticed that I had some under my pinky nail and decided to lick it off... it wasn't mustard *gag* lol

Yupp... you're just starting to collect those stories. It's so awesome to write them down and then read them later. I have a book called "golden nuggets" where I'll jot down a funny episode or something they said. Once in a blue moon we'll pull it out and have a riot laughing together.

Elizabeth said...

Leah and Anne, oh I don't know if I've got it down, I just think that as long as no one is putting an eye out, it will most likely be fine!

Magaly and Cecilie, yeah, I suspect that this is merely the beginning! And Magaly, Husband and I found it by accident and have never been in it, but it's on one of the side streets near the Kvadrat. We passed it last week.

Kathleen, I had to wrack my brain to think of what the third is...and now that I figured it out, I asked Husband and we're both missing the poo...but at the rate we're going, it will be soon!