Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Husband Knows Stuff, #1: What is a fjord?

It's been a pretty eventful week thus far and we're back at home for just a night. And only long enough to scarf down Thai take-away and do a load of laundry. Then we will be off again...

But in the meantime, here the initial installment of my newest feature. It's in the rough stages, but will appear sporadically, so please enjoy.

WARNING:
While the expert speaking in the attached video is held in the highest esteem by me, and by people who know, the information is in no way guarenteed to be be accurate.



And if there are any questions you would like for Husband to explain, please leave your questions in the comments. I'll make sure he gets them. Trust me, he knows lots of stuff. Maybe he can help you out as well.

Have a Happy Easter. There's lots to tell and I will early next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was funny!

We have fjords where I am from. The most known is across the border in Canada, at Vancouver. There is a gorgeous one that cuts up part of the way to the Whistler ski resort. Here is a lovely album I found from some Germans on a sailing holiday there: http://picasaweb.google.com/vancouverto/2007SegelnVancouverFjordLand
One of the last pictures even captures Mt Baker, which is the mountain in the US just near the city I am from!
Fjords don´t have to have mountains by them, but that they do in Norway is what makes them so spectacular and popular with photographers and tourists alike I reckon.

Elizabeth said...

Ha! We never promised accuracy! I almost linked to fjord, wikipedia, but decided not to...ack...movers are here and said "so the bookcases go upstairs? they are heavy..but OK!"

Sarah said...

Ha ha! lOVE the interview. So funny!