I don't have enough time (and suspect not nearly enough bandwidth) to write about why* Sarah Palin is a unwise choice for President.
And yes, I said president, because I suspect, if elected, there is a strong chance that Crazy Uncle John will bite it well before the end of his first term.
And yes, I said Crazy Uncle John.
Over the course of his campaign, McCain has reminded me more and more of a slightly doddering older relative who shows up for family gatherings. You know, the one that you hope has just one too many whiskeys.
He has fantastic stories, says outrageous things and will probably pinch at least one female guest's fanny.
It's totally fun when he appears, but you wouldn't give him the keys to the family car. And, more importantly, it's great when he comes over, but also good when he goes home.
But back to Sarah. Husband and I have a slight disagreement about her. I say she's a wolf in sheep's clothing. He says she's a wolf in wolf's clothing.
In any case, if McCain is Crazy Uncle John, she is reminding me more and more of Reverend Moore from Footloose.

...except I don't think she will have the good judgment to let the kids have prom across county lines.

...except I don't think she will have the good judgment to let the kids have prom across county lines.
Vote for Change.
*Overall general policies, corruption charges, judgmental attitudes, book banning, misappropriation of funds, stance on personal freedoms, potential power to influence for years to come, snarky attitudes, shrill speeches, Gibson Girl hair, first passport dated 2007, using own children for political points then acting offended when people reply to the conversation she started, inaccuracies peppering her convention acceptance speech, etc....

5 comments:
amen, sister. The more I learn about her, the more I find her repugnant.
So NOT a Palin a fan. ugh.
BTW, Funny picture of McCain. :-)
Well said! She is truly dangerous. I've met that type before (as I'm sure you have in the South) and the most frightening thing about her is her lack of intelligence combined with her absolute self-assurance that she is right.
The most accurate description of her is red neck. Her husband works in the oil fields of Prudhoe Bay and races snow mobiles. She is a life time member of the NRA and has worked tirelessly to allow indiscriminate hunting of wildlife in Alaska, particularly wolves and
bears. She has spent millions of Alaska state dollars on aerial hunting of these predators from helicopters and airplanes, dollars that should have been spent, for example, on Alaska's failing school system.They have the lowest rate of high school graduation in the country.
She has been a strong supporter of increased use of fossil fuels, yet
the McCain campaign has the nerve to say she has "green" policies. The only thing green about Sarah Palin is her lack of experience. She has consistently supported drilling in ANWR, use of coal-burning power plants (a new coal plant is being built in her home town of Wasilla right now), strip mining, and almost anything else that will unnecessarily exploit the diminishing resources of Alaska and destroy its environment.
So I agree with your husband - a wolf in wolf's clothing for sure!
Exactly on every single thing!
I only say sheep in wolf's clothing because if you are the type to be swayed by the fact she:
1) is semi-good looking (if you like that type)
2) is well-spoken (if you don't check her facts)
3) most likely has a vagina (bah! who doesn't!)
....Then you might be not fully recognize that she is merely the same old same old corrupt, close-minded giant fat white good ole boy in a skirt.
Yay women. Bah-hum-bug.
Post a Comment