Saturday, September 27, 2008

How's Milo?

Occasionally I'll get a note saying, "We see you, Husband and Lillie all the time, but what about Milo. How's he doing?"

And the answer is, "He's fine."


For readers who don't know, Milo is my step-dog.  He'll be seven on his next birthday, which he shares with me as well as my sweet nephew James (if you believe the date on his adoption papers.)

He's been living with Husband since he was about 6 months old.  So clearly he's been around much longer than I have been, but we've been fast friends since the very beginning. 

We became The Pack about four months after Husband and I began dating when we decided that we needed one more. So we added Lillie, who we (meaning mostly me) refer to as our first daughter. 
(She came home with us on February 16, 2007, which is exactly one year before our wedding.)
 
So while Lillie is my constant companion and dear household clown, Milo is well and happy, too.  

He appreciates you asking of him, though. 

We went to the dog park a few days ago.  

Both of them spent some time running about and making new friends.

Then the hunds were parched.
(Milo first because he's lead house dog or as Lillie might say, "Age before beauty.")

Then sweet Lillie, but Milo had some more as well...


Then we all posed for a minute before it was time to go home. 



5 comments:

Sarah said...

Your dogs are adorable! When we move to Frankfurt Lucy (our black lab) will be joining us. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Great pics E! They look so happy there, too... that Milo has handsome tendencies!

Elizabeth said...

Sarah--Good for you! I don't know how you've done without her. And moving to Frankfurt??? So exciting!

Erin---They are great pics, considering you took most of them! And Milo IS a good looking fellow! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you put things - Your dogs are so adorable, it's not even funny! What breeds are they?

Elizabeth said...

Hi newwrldyankee--Thanks! I do love my hunds like crazy, even my stephund. Milo is a huskie/rottie mix and Lillie is an American Bulldog. They are my dears!