(Some of you have been asking...this was taken Sunday at 34 weeks)
When I was little I was never one of those girls who dreamed of "their big day" and planned it out to every tulle covered detail.
That is not to say I never thought about being married.
I did.
I always wanted to be married and waited and waited until I met the right person. And then I was lucky enough to have enough help and good wishes to pull together a lovely wedding on quick notice.
I say this because, in a similar fashion...I knew I always wanted to have babies, but I never really thought about being pregnant.
So it's been quite the shock, not only to me, but to people who say things like "Isn't it beautiful? Your body is doing what it's meant to do."
Shocking for them because immediately after phrases along those lines come out of their mouth, I laugh hysterically and loudly.
On our first visit to our current doctor (who we love) she said, "How are you feeling?"
I said "Just fine, kind of tired, but overall, it's a total drag."
Her jaw dropped slightly and I went on to explain, in what I thought was a helpful and clarifying way, that I did think that pregnancy was a super interesting sociological and physical science experiment.
Sociological because it's been amazing to hear what people say to me.
While I got a host of unwanted and unsolicited opinions when I started telling people, the opinions and "advice" have been free-flowing from all sources since I started showing.
Relative strangers will not only touch my middle, but strike up conversations involving the word "vagina," specifically referring to mine, in odd places like the meat store and my friend Erin's kitchen.
It's been horrifying----Seriously, there are a select few who are privy to any sort of discussion involving my ladyparts.
But it's also been hilarious because I am clearly am not mature enough for all of this because in most cases, I laugh and pretend I do not completely understand what they are saying. Then if changing the subject does not work, I walk away.
And it's been an amazing physical science experiment, because there are very few things more fun than to sit and watch little hands and feet poke out of my middle...I do long for my waist, though.
But as of Sunday, 35 weeks down and five more to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment