I should be sleeping.
Yesterday I made a 22 hour door to door trip from Litle Skippergate to Wessell Drive.
Then after five hours of rest, we caravanned back to Atlanta with my family. We waited all day and now while the treatment was happening and now it's midnight.
The original plan was for my sister and I to switch off spending the night with Big D. But then we noticed that she has been touching the edge of her bandages. We worry that, in the night, D will pull out a tube or disturb one of her dressings, so are taking turns staying up to watch her for this, the first night.
I took the first shift because for whatever reason, I cannot sleep.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
7 comments:
Oh honey do you sound tired! I'm so glad to hear the outcome of her surgery is giving you reason to hope for a smooth recovery. Fingers crossed the one week check-up will give the all-clear!
I hope you're not seeing this and are instead finally sleeping. God natt!
thanks, she is much better and the doctors just came in to see her. so all looks good. they even want to ship her home today, but i think we're going to wait until tomorrow just in case...of what i don't know...
more later...
(and i think that you're right about the plane meds...i'll bet i can get my hands on an ambien or two...)
thanks, she is much better and the doctors just came in to see her. so all looks good. they even want to ship her home today, but i think we're going to wait until tomorrow just in case...of what i don't know...
more later...
(and i think that you're right about the plane meds...i'll bet i can get my hands on an ambien or two...)
It's such a lonely feeling to sit in the hospital in a darkened room with someone you love, watching every movement, listening to them breathe. Praying.
I hope today you find rest and comfort in knowing the surgery has gone well. I hope your mother's recovery begins well and goes smoothly.
Good luck with everything.
Thanks so much. It all looks good and now, it's morning in Atlanta and she is more alert and even a little sassy, so we're glad of that. I appreciate it..
I'm thinking of you and sending you light and love. And I've been buzzing her pager religiously. xoxo
I'm glad things are looking good! I hope you are resting now!
Post a Comment