I am well aware of the science of the spinning of the Earth. I understand longitude and latitude. I can even explain the tilt of the Earth with enough confidence to win a trivia contest. Logically I understand it.
But I still think it's funny, when I am sitting in my living room in Stavanger, Norway to begin conversations with my friends back in the States with "I'm calling from the future. Don't be afraid. It's all going to work out just fine."
Depending on the location, I have to do the math of connecting with people in time zones 6, 8 or 11 hours behind. And often it's hard, but I figure it out. (Gotta love Skype.)
But right now, as I sit in Gainesvegas late in the evening, I am waiting for my sister to put her baby Jack back to bed and killing time until the Big D needs her next dose.
And I just started thinking about the fact that Husband is about two hours away from hitting the snooze button on the alarm clock. He'll be starting the next day long before I am finished with this one.
I am so glad that I could be here to help my family, but I miss my pack.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
2 comments:
Glad to hear your mama is doing better! Sending lots of prayers and love y'all's way.
I love that you say you're calling from the future and it's all going to work out just fine. That makes me laugh and wish I had thought of that!
SAFE TRAVELS BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!!
Post a Comment