It all began as a girls' night.
We'd already had one girls' afternoon at Eva's, so Victoria decided to host the next one on an evening when her husband Mike was on a business trip.
Then, at the last minute, the trip was canceled.
So instead of either banishing Mike for the evening or outnumbering him by twelve or so to one, Victoria did the only sensible thing...She invited all the girls to bring their partners.
It began fairly sedately.
Marguerite and Mary demonstrate the correct way to serve themselves. Derek takes careful mental notes while he waits for his turn. 
Eva takes a break.
Claudia, Erin, Victoria and Alistair remind me of the small pack of crayons little kids get in the kind of restaurants with white tablecloths made of paper.

This was taken before Husband abandoned me for the tequila shots.


"I can't believe the size of Erin's wine glass,' says Jennifer. "Oh it's just to disguise the amount of wine I have poured into it," says Erin. "Brilliant!" thinks Husband.
6 comments:
I have decided that Victoria looks like someone famous I can't place. "Oh no, I can't have another unless you insist!" Hahaha!
How do Norwegians do pregnancy differently? Please, god-don't tell me no epidural.
I wrote an answer in the comment of the post above!
Ohh, that dress is stunning, ECD! If you find it missing - it is probably in Hungary in my closet. Where did you get it?
Btw, what do you do in Norway? I know why you moved, but do you teach or ...
NWY--Thanks, I love that dress, too. I found it on the sale rack at Vera Moda about three months ago, marked down from about $100 US to $10 US. I thought it was so much fun that I bought it in both brown and black because I couldn't decide. Then when I decided I liked the brown better, I gave the black one to my sister...she's wearing it in a post a few days back...
And as for in Norway, I am mainly a pickle farmer as well as a language student. In my former life, I was (and still am) a journalist. Here I am not so much because my work permits didn't come through until I was already pregnant and also I am not fluent...But I pick up freelance here and there...
Post a Comment