Sunday, October 26, 2008

Proof Lillie Loves Husband as Much as Lillie Loves Me

Since we've had Lillie she's destroyed my hiking shoes,

my jeweled flip flops, brown suede flip flops, running shoes and an old pair of moccasins. Most of which, with the exception of the hiking shoes, happened when she was a true puppy.

A consummate foot licker (of her own as well as mine, when I let her) I suspected that my shoes were the second best thing when I was nowhere to be found.  Especially ones that tended to be well worn, if you know what I mean. 

But never once has she ever gotten even close to one of Husband's until a few days ago. 
(Those are/once were ultra expensive English leather from Selfridge's. Not a happy day in House Durel.  Though a funny one.  Poor Husband.  Poor swanky shoes. Poor Lillie.) 

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Lucy has done the same thing to my husband's nice shoes. Ate the back off just like that! He was not happy. Even now if that shoe is in the same room as her she hides from it....like it made her do it!!

Anonymous said...

I just thought of a new way to rationalize new shoe purchases. I could pretend the dog got my shoe and then buy some new ones.
Poor Anthony though. What a bummer. Those shoes were so nice!
Maybe you can get them sewn down on the backs and make them mocassins?

Elizabeth said...

Sarah---Ha! Lillie likes to eat and run. Then she'll sit around all nonchalant, but with a hunk of leather hanging out of her mouth. Ha!

Erin---Excellent idea, but sadly, Husband does not wear slides or anything akin to then. And frankly, I wasn't all that upset when Lillie ate the hiking shoes...No hiking! Oh NO! hahahaha

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. Can I link to it from mine? www.americanhusbandry.com

also, our dogs ALWAYS destroy my wife's stuff, but never mine. Once the puppy chewed through the heal of one of my Simple sneakers, but I just wear it anyway.

Matt

Elizabeth said...

Hi Matt,

Of course you can! And I'm glad you are reading, thanks!

It's really late here, but I look forward to reading yours more tomorrow.

And watch out for your pup, clearly she's playing favorites... ;-)

---Elizabeth

Amy Pospiech said...

Hahaha how cute! My golden retriever ate some foam flip-flops once when she was a pup, but after that we just kept all footless shoes away from her. I like your blog!

Elizabeth said...

hi amy,

i'm glad you're reading! And really, it is cute sometimes ---- we laugh (right after we scold her and then run around the corner) but not so cute when i realize I now have no running shoes...oh well, we're going to keep her anyway!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.