Monday, February 16, 2009

One year ago today

My older brother has been with his wife for more than half of their lives and married for almost ten.  

So when he toasted us at our rehearsal party and said, "Pay attention every day, because the years pass quickly." I knew he must know what he's talking about. 


He's right.

I cannot believe that an entire year has passed since the hitchin'.

And it's been a big year.  

We've knocked out (or made a big dent in) most of the major milestones...marriage, major move, cultural adjustments, employment instability (then stability), family illnesses, travel and sometime in the next few weeks, we'll have a Pickle, as well. 


And even with all of it, it's been really good and mainly a whole lot of fun. 

I don't know how we got so lucky, but we're both pretty sure staying lucky comes down to remembering something the Big D said a few weeks before.  


And thus far, it's been going really well.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that marriage advice! It's definitely so true. I've heard people say that to have a happy marriage, you should always be as polite to each other as you are to your friends, and it's so true (unless you're typically rude to your friends. :) )

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!